X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota auris issues

Hi guys

Sorry if wrong section

So my girlfriend has a Toyota auris. She was driving it today when the steering got heavy. Power steering and battery light came in and when she turned the car off it would not restart. Car was jump started and has turned over every time since and power steering light is off.

I checked the expansion tank for the power steering fluid and it looks low so going to top up with slick 50 tomorrow.

Is it just a coincidence these issues occurred together or could t be an issue with serpentine belt/alternator?

Many thanks

Ryan

Sorry guys just noticed there is a thread for other car issues. If admin can move it

Many thanks

Comment

Done.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thank you marko

Comment

Hi Ryan, by the sounds of it the battery was low on power somehow, not knowing Toyota's lay out normally ps pump unless electric is on the aux belt, if the pump jammed due to low fluids you would normally of heard a loud squeal and belt would of likely snapped.
          Weird one.

Comment

Hi Alex

Thanks for your response

Good info thanks for sharing. Will take another look tomorrow and maybe phone my mechanic on Monday

Cheers

Comment

Hello so your girlfriend has a Toyota Ass .
              If it's got EHPS ( electric hydrolic power steering) then it could be either the battery or alternator .
              Harking to one of my Saabs I had stiff power steering on start up from cold and it use to disappear after a bit .
              Turned out in the end that it was the alternator,
              Hopefully that helps.

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi lizzard

Thanks for your response

Yes that helps a lot thanks might change the battery for starters. Place I went tonight was looking 85 for it. Thought that sounded steep?

Comment

I've not had to buy a battery for a while, last one I bought was probably 4years ago an it was for the Clio costing around 40 quid mate.
                  If you stick some of the Toyota's spec up I'll go an have a look for a rough price

Comment

Hi mate

Sorry had an early one last night cause was working today

That would be great hank you. It’s a 2015 petrol Toyota auris 1.6litre. Is that enough info or is there anything else you need?

Many thanks

Ryan

Comment

No worries mate.
                      Had a quick look there I'd say around 40-50 quid mate.

Comment

That’s great thank you very much for all your help

Enjoy the weekend. Nice motor btw. Love the plain grill

Comment

Originally posted by RB02259 View Post
                          That’s great thank you very much for all your help

Enjoy the weekend. Nice motor btw. Love the plain grill
                          Thanks mate, anytime.

Comment

Working...
                          X