No announcement yet.

Anyone else miss driving at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else miss driving at the moment?

Kinda of missing the daily commute to be honest... Anyone else feel the same?

My works officially shut until the 27th of April due to the Coronavirus so for the next month, my only journey will be a 2 mile round trip once a week to the supermarket.

Yes I do. Drove yesterday for the first time in 5 days and just felt odd. I wonder how many people we’ll get on here now with low oil pressure warnings cause their cars are sat up

Comment

Yes, not driven the Insignia for about 2 weeks now. Drove my wifes Corsa to get shopping in for us and my parents on Thursday but never left the village. No plans to go anywhere other than another shop around next Thursday, again not even out the village. Normally would be doing just over 1k miles a month so this is strange!

Comment

today is the 1st day in about 18 months I haven't even started the car
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'm driving everyday......in my van

Comment

Haha.. I’m jealous RBH

Comment

Do you reckon it’s better to leave the Insignia sat for a month and do the weekly shop in my wife’s mini or just carry on using mine for a few miles a week?

Comment

Originally posted by Madd_dog View Post
                Haha.. I’m jealous RBH
                Got no choice mate.....I'm.a key worker apparently.
                My missus is also a key worker and has decided not to use her car to work coz the car park is overflowing and she can't get parked at the times she starts, so I'm having to collect her after her shift, do the insignia gets out and about every day too

Comment

Do you reckon it’s better to leave the Insignia sat for a month and do the weekly shop in my wife’s mini or just carry on using mine for a few miles a week?
                  You don't have to just drive to the shop and back home...take it for a run somewhere.

Comment

Tricky to answer, my gut feeling would be to run a car regularly, but that's not good if it's just doing local miles and not getting warmed through. I know we have left my wifes Corsa for more that a month whilst we have been away and on return its started first time no problems. Just watch out for brakes seizing on. Park the car up leave it in first gear but handbrake off.

Comment

Still driving daily, for work.. really weird though, hardly any traffic,

Comment

Still drive every day for work...roads are quieter so its nice

Comment

Same here driving every day for work. Mixing between my car and van to give them both a run. Roughly 180miles a day to work and back plus plodding around at work

Comment

Mine has been parked for 6 days now and will be for at least another 4-6 weeks I would have thought, I cant see a problem with leaving car parked up but I'm itching to get out and give it a clean as filthy but don't think its classed as a essential need to leave the house...or is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyord View Post
                              Mine has been parked for 6 days now and will be for at least another 4-6 weeks I would have thought, I cant see a problem with leaving car parked up but I'm itching to get out and give it a clean as filthy but don't think its classed as a essential need to leave the house...or is it ?
                              Should be ok on drive Tony,,1st good day mine is getting the works......bloody snow on the roof this morning though,so wont be today
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X