Track rod Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damon12345 View Post
    Sorry, didn't know what you ment, so hydraulic pas is run off a pulley, and electric pas is run off an electric motor?
    Yes.
    I’ve just checked my insignia and it’s electric steering

See the motor on top of steering rack

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
      Yes.
      I’ve just checked my insignia and it’s electric steering

See the motor on top of steering rack
      This is mine.

Comment

Track rod Q

So you have hydraulic power steering and will have a pump driven by the aux belt.
        I’ve looked at the descriptions for the aux belts as they will be different.
        See pics.

It’s clear the description in the image you posted is incorrect and I think it should say hydraulic NOT electric hydraulic.

I think yours will be the £19.53 and 144mm long one however to confirm I’d measure just to be sure before ordering unless you want to order both and return what one don’t need.

Comment

I think yours will be the £19.53 and 144mm long one however to confirm I’d measure just to be sure before ordering unless you want to order both and return what one don’t need.
          Thanks mate. I'll have the wheel off to check this afternoon and take measurements, let you know then.

Comment

So you have hydraulic power steering and will have a pump driven by the aux belt.
            I’ve looked at the descriptions for the aux belts as they will be different.
            See pics.

It’s clear the description in the image you posted is incorrect and I think it should say hydraulic NOT electric hydraulic.

Just checked, dimensions from furthest edge (wheel) upto the tie rod measured 140mm (not including securing nut)

Should I assume nut is included in measurement, or should I have taken measurement from the top down the joint to end of thread?

Comment

As far as I know the measurement is from the centre of the end near the wheel to its end where the nut is, not including the nut.

Comment

Found an image of what I mean...

Click image for larger version

Name:	downloadfile.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	246886

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  Found an image of what I mean...
                  Thanks I'll measure 'L' tomorrow

Comment