Picked up my first ever Insignia GS yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my first ever Insignia GS yesterday

SRI NAV Turbo 170PS, Dark Moon Blue, just under 3yrs old, 34k on the clock and i'm in love!!! They wanted me to pick it up the week but i couldn't wait, needs a wash already LOL, inside has been valeted and strangely there only 3 matts in the boot! Taking back during week for the AC to be re-gassed, so will take it up with them then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200529_153129.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	250906

Name:	20200529_152453.jpg
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	250907

AFTER I HAD IT WASHED..................................

Name:	20200531_140335.jpg
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	250908

Name:	20200531_140256.jpg
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	250909

That's a beauty, bet there some on here jealous of that reg

Comment

Very nice motor.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
        That's a beauty, bet there some on here jealous of that reg
        Aye, especially someone with a big Wullie that's 17" long

Comment

Very nice!

Any plans for it? Replacing the dipped and main beam bulbs with LEDs is worth doing.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Very nice motor,get some layers of wax on her!
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Very nice!

Any plans for it? Replacing the dipped and main beam bulbs with LEDs is worth doing.
              Hi Marko,

I would be interested to hear more on this, but currently any changes need to be on hold, rather guttingly, whilst waiting for the AC to get gassed i have been driving around with the windows down, which lead to me discovering an intermittent squeak from one of the passenger side wheels. Whilst listening for this, i discovered (with the radio off) a whistling sound, that i suspect be the turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Turbo went on my Saab just under 2 years ago and i later found out the whistle was a tale tale sign!! The car is due back to the dealership on Monday to be investigated on both counts, the car is still under 3yr manufacturer warranty until end of July, so not unduly worried, i am also within statutory 14 days as i understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by CTID Hants View Post
                The Turbo went on my Saab just under 2 years ago and i later found out the whistle was a tale tale sign!! The car is due back to the dealership on Monday to be investigated on both counts, the car is still under 3yr manufacturer warranty until end of July, so not unduly worried, i am also within statutory 14 days as i understand it.
                Consumer rights gives you 30 days pal
                2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
                Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

Hi Marko,

I would be interested to hear more on this, but currently any changes need to be on hold, rather guttingly, whilst waiting for the AC to get gassed i have been driving around with the windows down, which lead to me discovering an intermittent squeak from one of the passenger side wheels. Whilst listening for this, i discovered (with the radio off) a whistling sound, that i suspect be the turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm the risks of buying used. The good news is it isn't a private sale so you should be fine. The whistling could be something as minor as a split hose.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

lovely steed

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      Very nice!

Hey marko, have you got a link for them LEDs please? It's definitely the next mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
                        Hey marko, have you got a link for them LEDs please? It's definitely the next mod!!
                        Thanks Shane

Those headlight changes sound very interesting, hopefully Marko can forward details.

I doubt I will be doing much major to it, so far I've the following:

Heko wind deflectors
                        Vauxhall tyre cap's
                        Front and rear Nextbase dashcams hardwired

New carpets with a sky blue trim (had to get City in there somehow)

Boot liner

Can someone tell me where DPF regen indicator is on mark 2, also the adblue warning? I was originally asking about mark 1 when I started on here and things got out of control and I got a lot newer car than planned LOL

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Be careful if the tyre dust caps are metal. People have previosuly had trouble with the metal reacting and bonding to the TPMS valves
                          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
                            Thanks Shane

Those headlight changes sound very interesting, hopefully Marko can forward details.

I doubt I will be doing much major to it, so far I've the following:

Heko wind deflectors
                            Vauxhall tyre cap's
                            Front and rear Nextbase dashcams hardwired

New carpets with a sky blue trim (had to get City in there somehow)

Boot liner

Can someone tell me where DPF regen indicator is on mark 2, also the adblue warning? I was originally asking about mark 1 when I started on here and things got out of control and I got a lot newer car than planned LOL

Cheers

Ian
                            Yeah just recently been chatting in another thread about the lights so all these links are fresh.

Copied from that thread,

You can't just stick any leds in your dipped beam. It's important you get the correct cut off. Most sets will just dazzle other road users. These will give you the correct beam pattern https://www.ebay.ie/itm/264261797730?ul_noapp=true You also need error cancellers for the canbus. Something like these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/x2PCS-H7-LED...8AAOSwrR5biSKt It all fits inside the headlight and the cover fits back on nicely.

You can stick any in your main beam though and you don't need error cancellers for main beam because it isn't canbus. I have these in mine https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nighteye-72W...AAAOSwKltexjC9 They turn unlit roads into daylight
                            Last edited by marko301; 12-07-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks Shane

Links 2 & 3 to eBay don't work, would it be possible to have the link to the thread where you've been discussing these as mentioned earlier?

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X