Detailing tips and products used.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing tips and products used.

Thought I'd start a new thread relating to products and procedures used and leave the reflection thread just for pics. In this thread, please do a wee write up to what you did and products used. I'll start it off.

So this morning I said in the reflection thread that I'd do two coats of wax. Bugger that, my back is fooked after one. So all I did was a QD Simonz wipe down as car wasn't dirty, just dusty.

I then applied using a DA a thin coat of Lazy Bones Fast Wax (cheap as chips from Wilko's). I sealed the wheels with the same stuff and then applied a cost of Megs Tyre endurance gel. Can't scrimp and save on the tyre sheen. That's a big no no!!!

So after wipe down here's the wax worked in with my DAS 6 DA on a finishing pad.

And now after the wax wiped off the paintwork and wheels with a thick and clean MF cloth.

Very pleased with the results for such a cheap product. This in total took me an hour and a half. Not too bad.

Get detailing guys and give us your procedures and products used.

Does your neighbours think you are nuts scotty being a clean car mad guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cos mine do ,,,,,,,just about to start again
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Havnt got any shots but i gave it a Megs gold class high gloss wax this morning, off to the jetwash first and dried the car first before heading back then did the wax, it still has the coats on from when it was heavily polished last week it looks like a mirror now and gleams really well. did the tyres and alloys in Megs Hot wheels its a simple thig to do and takes just an hour of time including the jet wash. If i am polishing the car properly I use Megs Glaze, with the applicator pad then left to cure for 20 mins or if its hot 10 mins then buff it off with a microfibre, then apply Autobrites Project 32 High Gloss Sealant. 2 coats. alloys get the Poorboys treatment and then waxed for extra protection and use autoglym tyre dressing. best dressing really as it doesnt go onto your paintwork when your out and about. Interior Megs detailer.

Have bought some new products to see Cherry Glaze from Autobrite and a detailer i bought from the show last week but i cant remember the name off hand. so will comment on those when i do the car again.

Neighbours no how mad i am, am out most weather except rain done the car in the snow and ice, sticky weather to. they are always popping over 1 stopped in his car the other week 'Are you off to the show then' as a tell them everything about the car and the mods, pity they drive mercs and fords .

Comment

al take a shot of my products bag its getting huge .

Comment

exclusiv., on 05 September 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:
          Does your neighbours think you are nuts scotty being a clean car mad guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cos mine do ,,,,,,,just about to start again

They are used to me now. I've washed/waxed most of their cars at some point. They also know about my back issues and that Its the only real exercise I get to do now. They just shout over, 'Scotty it's not fecking dirty, leave it alone'!!! I've been known to wash/wax etc it in the morning and then QD it in the afternoon.

Russ, the AG tyre dressing doesn't get my vote. I use their Rubber Care to dress the tyres if I'm going to be driving the car right after I wash it. If not its Megs every time. I love the smell off it as well.

Comment

Scotty ,your opinions on waxes mate, do the cheapos do as good a job as the dearer ones?
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Dave, so far so good. What I have found with the cheaper waxes is that you must only put a very very thin layer on. They dry much faster and can be a bugger to get off. The more expensive ones come off much easier.

The QD I'm using (Simoniz) is superb given its under a fiver in most places that stock it.

The Lazy Bones Fast wax is only 2.25 so can't complain. It leaves a super glass smooth feeling on the car. However, that's me putting on top of plenty coats of better waxes. Nothing's getting through to my paintwork with winter!!

Comment

Steve Nik, on 06 September 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:
                Picked up new Elite Nav ST Auto on 1st September. Car had been washed (ish)??I used autoglym super resin polish. Amazing finish! 15 quid from Halfords well spent.

Steve, just remember that SRP isn't a polish or a wax. It won't take out paintwork defects not will it give much protection. You need to top it with either a sealant ( AG EGP) or a wax. AG SRP is full of fillers that hide small imperfections but doesn't take them away. Next time you wash the car the SRP will wash off as well.

Comment

Today's effort about 4 hours work

Snow foamed first off with ultimate finish snow foam rinse with pressure washer

Wheels sprayed with bilberry wheel cleaner

Then meguairs shampoo plus used in the foaming lance rubbed over with a ultimate finish mit then rinsed off with pressure washer

Dried off

Then I had some school concept S20 black and a pad supplied as a sample applied using my dodo juice da

Polished off with a Mf cloth topped off with poorboys black hole applied with the da polished off with a Mf

Glass cleaned with dodo juice clearly menthol

Wheels polished with poorboys wheel sealant

Tyres meguairs endurance

And finally the plastic trim Dressle all purpose dressing

A couple of people passing by commented on how shiney it was looking which makes it worthwhile doing even if it won't last

Comment

Did she need paint correction already? Great job and some great products used.

Comment

Well yesterday I thought I would give my car a quick clean. Started off with a power wash. Then used demon shine snow foam. Got this a while back as it was cheap. Is ok but not great. Best thing about it is the smell haha. Anyway this was the last of that. Then power washed again and gave it a quick sponge wash. Power wash again and the used some devil shine. You basically attach it to a hose and spray on. I then gave it a wipe down.

Wasn't to happy with the results and a while back before I got in to all this detailing lark I purchased this -

So this morning I used the above and am happy with the results - some pics

Plan to tyre dress later when I know I won't be going out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Glad you mentioned the tyre gel as I would have slated you!!!! Great effort. You'll be dreading winter.

It's a must for a black car.

Comment

That is perfection
                          sigpic

Comment

Stunning as usual Rich!

Comment

Rich love it, Pondy and lff64 wow!! am a bit ocd when it comes to cleaning the insiggy, ive been looking at new products trying new stuff, i prefer the wet look on the bodywork so my next product that ive just bought is Poorboys White Diamond show glaze see how that goes.. this is how bad ive been in the last month starting from August 15th ( i dont clay or use DA's) everytime i jet washed the car first..

Every weekend??from then

1st weekend : Megs Show glaze then Autobrites Project 32 High Gloss sealant, Poorboys alloy wax, Megs Hot Wheels on the alloys and the tyres, Megs interior detailer, Back to Black on trims and grille.

2nd Weekend : Saturday morning : Poorboys SSR (removing minor scartches) G3 pro polish, used the applicator pads, Megs gold class High Gloss wax, Autobrites Project 32 HG Sealant, Autoglym tyre dressing and used Hot Wheels for the alloys,

3rd weekend : G3 pro polish, used the applicator pads again, Megs gold class High Gloss wax, Autobrites Project 32 HG Sealant, Autoglym tyre dressing and used Hot Wheels for the alloys, Megs waterless wax (must say that stuff is brilliant if you like the wet look)added 2 coats of Autobrites HG Sealant. Car was like a mirror.

last weekend : 1 coat of Megs Gold class wax. The car has so many layers on it just looks fabulous with a quick jet wash

Took this last weekend :

Comment

Working...
                              X