SRI SEAT SWAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRI SEAT SWAP

hi all and help please,i have just today removed the standard seats from my exclusive st and bought a pair of SRI front seats from a breaker in the midlands.i followed advice on disconnecting the battery and left it for 15 mins before removing the seats,the electric cables came out ok and all went back in ok,i connected the leads back on to the battery,left it for 15 mins and then put the key in as normal when the lights went out started up,no probs,the message came up re lowering the drivers window then back up again,did this fine,but I then got a message saying airbag service req?I cancelled it ok but the warning still comes up on the dash,any thoughts please?i can if req return the seats as I used a credit card just in case the seats are no good. ??any advice much appreciated. ??cheers sandy

I would disconnect the battery again (for safety) and then double check that the connections to the seats are good. There are known issues with this error and poor seat electrical connections. Check for damaged or missing pins in the seat plug and compare to the old seat. Could have been damaged when they removed them.

Comment

thanks guys for the help,i disconnected the battery again and checked the large plugs under the seat,but the result is still the same,i will lift the seats again and remove plugs and refit all again to double check.a friend has a workshop nearby,and he said he will connect it to his reader to see what problem comes up,if it is a fault with one of the airbags I will have to contact the firm I bought them from and get them returned.i did pay for them on a credit card so should be covered if I do have to return them.cheers sandy.

Comment

hi pete,I am not sure without a good look,i cant see it being that hard,the only problem would be if I do have to return them to the supplier,(depending what my friend finds from his code reading)I don't want to risk any damage or it could be then blamed on me.i have checked my invoice and I can return them,i also looked at "money supermarket"help page on credit cards,and under section 75,i can get a full refund.i will post the results on fri or sat .cheers sandy.

Comment

addition to above.the seats have now been returned and refund being sorted,i noticed the yellow locking clip on my seat seemed a bit loose and found a very small piece of it on the floor,so looks like its had it.i have found a lot more seats on the "partshark"site,there are loads of siggy,s being dismantled from 2009-2014,so will get some more from there,but get a pair with the airbag side still connected so there will be no problem with the clip.

Comment

in addition to above,i am collecting a pair of front seats from ASM near Aylesbury on Friday,they are being removed from an 11 plate sri and look to be in excellent condition,they are including the srs units complete,being disconnected from the seat belt,so that's the problem connector out of the way,just leaves the block connector under the seat to connect.i am also thinking of replacing the rear seats and backs to match and have been advised that the saloon and the s/t are the same parts,so that should make them easier to get.

Comment

re above,went to asm today and collected the seats(complete with airbags in situ)put them in a couple of hours ago,and srs fault has now cleared!.very happy chappie and they are so much more comfortable.thanks for the input guys. ??ps ref??ASM auto recycling nr ayelsbury,very big and professional outfit,will defo use them for any parts req.

Comment

the broken yellow plastic bit was part of the retaining clip that holds the electrical clip into the airbag unit,so this must have been the problem,still all sorted now,i am back to ASM next sat for the full set of rear sri seats from the same donor car,?95 all in so happy with that.i did take the siggy to my friend who has his own worshop repair garage,he plugged it in to his code reader and it came up with"low resistance on passenger srs unit,so that was the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X