Dpf question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
    Same i had 3 yrs left of my finance so the car would be worthless so changed, i am liking the petrol, it’s smother, quieter but it isn’t as economical
    Mileage and driving i do i suspect i wont be much different. It'll be better round town, shorter trips that i do quite a lot now to balance out not being quite as good on longer trips but i'm not doing that as much now. Be interesting to see how it goes on the 2000 mile round trip to the south of France in August.

Comment

Dpf question

I’m getting about 32mpg so far on average but engines still running in and no motorways yet

Comment

Money being saved on fuel with diesel over petrol is being spent on DPF problems etc, amounts to save on fuel spend on repairs no win.

Comment

This is true! 🤣

Comment

diesels have their place, if you're not doing the highway miles to keep the car happy you wont save anything
            buy a car that suits 90% of your driving style, if you only go on a long drive once a month then stick with petrol
            i do 20k miles a year, cars done 115k and i've have no issues with it, service it myself every 6months, happy bank balance (still poor though )

Comment

I’m getting about 32mpg so far on average but engines still running in and no motorways yet
              Sounds right for 2.0t auto, I have 63 reg face-lift 1.6t elite/nav auto, never zeroed trip b now reading 47,480 miles with with fuel consumption of 35.6 mpg, should be more than 32 mpg if you have 1.5t manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustyone View Post
                Money being saved on fuel with diesel over petrol is being spent on DPF problems etc, amounts to save on fuel spend on repairs no win.
                Disagree,nearly all dpf problems are down to owners,done over 60k mls in the time I've had my 2 insignias,,no dpf issues here,and I only do 7 mls to work ,then 7 mls home
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                  diesels have their place, if you're not doing the highway miles to keep the car happy you wont save anything
                  buy a car that suits 90% of your driving style, if you only go on a long drive once a month then stick with petrol
                  i do 20k miles a year, cars done 115k and i've have no issues with it, service it myself every 6months, happy bank balance (still poor though )
                  [emoji23] mo i agree, the governments crap on diesel is stupid, there’s a need for both, different needs, i was proper happy with my diesel it met my needs full on, millage, free tax and mid range flexibility my only issue was finance and the government crap that made me change to petrol now to cover my investment as my car would be worthless in 3 yrs thats it! [emoji15]

Comment

Mine was euro5 2014, 3 yrs until it was mine I would have lost 4-6 grand so changed whilst still money in my ecoflex

Comment

Dpf question

Originally posted by Dustyone View Post
                      Sounds right for 2.0t auto, I have 63 reg face-lift 1.6t elite/nav auto, never zeroed trip b now reading 47,480 miles with with fuel consumption of 35.6 mpg, should be more than 32 mpg if you have 1.5t manual.
                      I only have 1900 miles on the clock (nov 17 my car), all commuting and no motorways. Its still running in as well. Don’t get me wrong that is low compared to average for 47k mileage, I expect 37-38!

Comment

I only have 1900 miles on the clock (nov 17 my car), all commuting and no motorways. Its still running in as well. Don’t get me wrong that is low compared to average for 47k mileage, I expect 37-38!
                        Above half of the 47k mileage is at 80 mph on motorway, seems right with this, 1.6 sidi turbo automatic, https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg.../insignia-2008
                        Grand sport here, https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg...and-sport-2017

Comment

Goid dusty, i agree

Comment

driving style plays a huge part in fuel economy, most of my driving is done as 40-60mph with little gear change, but i accelerate a lot when coming off roundabouts, slip road, traffic lights etc and that eats into my fuel economy
                            my average fuel consumption while commuting to work has gotten worse this year as i'm always in a rush getting to work, i don't speed but accelerate even though it doesn't get me to work any faster due to traffic and lights but its a mental thing

Comment

Had my car just over 3 months, done nearly 2000miles in that time without any really long voyages and have never seen a light or a regen!!!! YET!!

Comment

Mine has been in to vauxhall for some warranty work with the stereo and parking sensors. They did some software updates and not long after picking it up yesterday, it came up with a message 'cleaning exhaust filter continue driving'. I have never had it in the year and a half that we've had the car but I have had it idle faster during a clean and you can smell it when stopped. I took it on the motorway for a run over 2000 rpm and it took about 15 minutes to clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X