weekend plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
    Flying to America tomorrow and will be at a wedding in the hills above Lake Tahoe on Saturday. Flying into San Franciso then a bit of a drive to our accommodation which will be done in one of these :-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2159[/ATTACH]

By my reckoning its just shy of 2 feet longer and about a foot wider than my GS Tourer so a big old thing and has a 5.3 V8 355bhp engine although doubt it will be that quick. Hire car thing says this or similar and it seems the other option is likely to be the extra long version of the Ford Expedition which uses the same 3.5 V6 ecoboost as the Ford GT but not quite the same performance!!
    Wow,the scenery at lake Tahoe should be spectacular,,enjoy
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Wow,the scenery at lake Tahoe should be spectacular,,enjoy
      Yes it should be really good, sadly i think the last hour\90mins of driving will be in the dark but hopefully see some prior to that and the following days.

Comment

Hmmm... Wondering about jetting off to the Maldives for a couple of days, or maybe I'll just pop down to Wilko's and check out the special offers. Difficult decision
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Flying to America tomorrow and will be at a wedding in the hills above Lake Tahoe on Saturday. Flying into San Franciso then a bit of a drive to our accommodation which will be done in one of these :-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2159[/ATTACH]

By my reckoning its just shy of 2 feet longer and about a foot wider than my GS Tourer so a big old thing and has a 5.3 V8 355bhp engine although doubt it will be that quick. Hire car thing says this or similar and it seems the other option is likely to be the extra long version of the Ford Expedition which uses the same 3.5 V6 ecoboost as the Ford GT but not quite the same performance!!
          Wonder if it has a fancy cluster in it that I could fit. When i get another insignia

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
            Wonder if it has a fancy cluster in it that I could fit. When i get another insignia
            Looks like its an old school proper dials set up so probably not!! Nice big centre storage box though!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_chevrolet_suburban_dashboard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	243614

Comment

Ended up with a GMC Yukon XL, good two feet longer than an insignia grand sport tourer and sporting a 5.3l V8!! Got three rows of seats and folk in the back are miles away, central console bin thing is nearly as big as the boot on my wife’s astra!!

As it’s a GMC a lot of the screens and buttons on the steering wheel are the same as my insignia so easy to use. It’s just a big old tank of a thing.

Comment

5.3l V8

The yanks have always enjoyed their big cars. They've had a totally different experience than us over the years because of their oil and wide open space. You see an old granny in the US get in an old truck with a V8 in it and not think anything of it as she drives off. While the hairs on the back of my neck would be going up from the sound.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

That’s the base engine...apparently you can spec one with a 6.2 V8! It’s great for just cruising around on the big roads. Sat up high with loads of road presence.

Comment

Had to put fuel in today, yanks do it so you either pay card or cash up front. Had no idea how much it’d take as it was down to the last 1/8th on the gauge. Bearing in mind it’s a 31 gallon tank we were armed with $100/$150 but asked the guy who said if we paid $50 it wouldn’t be far off...turned out it got us to 3/4 full so 17 gallons of e87 fuel for about £40/£42. No wonder they can roll round in these things.

Amazingly there have been times folk in other jeeps or pick ups have been bigger or looking down on us!!

Comment

Taking skitso dog to vet , picking up my glasses , got 2 of our grand children on Sunday,
                      And picking up another project car .
                      And getting ready for mondays trip to Walsall football ground, for a company chin wag . ( 8 hour round trip and a day of B******t ! )

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Had to put fuel in today, yanks do it so you either pay card or cash up front. Had no idea how much it’d take as it was down to the last 1/8th on the gauge. Bearing in mind it’s a 31 gallon tank we were armed with $100/$150 but asked the guy who said if we paid $50 it wouldn’t be far off...turned out it got us to 3/4 full so 17 gallons of e87 fuel for about £40/£42. No wonder they can roll round in these things.

Amazingly there have been times folk in other jeeps or pick ups have been bigger or looking down on us!!

Yeah you see in US films someone will drive into a gas station and you see the price on the sign $2.87 and a bit of conversion turns it to £2.30 ish and you think well that's pretty dear compared to our £1.25 ish until you remember their price is per gallon not litre.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                        X