Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here got a VXR, the model with 321 bhp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post

Your elite got tombstone seats
    But.............Aaaahhhhh the comfort!

Comment

Well i have to say,i love mine.only had it six months,and have to admit it was and still is a bit of a lemon.just working through the mechanical issues at the moment,then on to bodywork.have to say they are thirsty,and we pretty much put £20 per day in fuel,but love the aggressive looks,seats and engine.i also like the fact that they are rare.

Comment

Very rare bud, you not put any images of yours up have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
          Very rare bud, you not put any images of yours up have you?
          So it don't exist then

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

So it don't exist then
            I bet it does, you should see the seats, they're awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post

I bet it does, you should see the seats, they're awesome
              I bet it don't.....it'll be another ITEN.

See the seats??????? Canny even see the car.

Comment

Well I've seen one of his car ? On a gumtree advert
                and a picture of a wheel hub, and I know it don't tell the passenger to belt up
                and that he wants a short knob and so dose lizard
                and plasma has one in ons original packaging that he was going to dig out
                and elusive exclusiv had a short one in his transit
                Talk about me being perverted
                You 4 take the biscuits

35565-567777 lemon puffs !

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Ok i get the message,i will stick some pics on this week,but it ain’t that pretty……yet

Comment

Originally posted by AS11 ROY View Post
                    I went for the 2.0 Petrol Turbo over the VXR

VXR’s are awesome, but MPG, Tax, Haldex issues and cost of Brembo Discs & Pads put me off!!

Strongly consider the 2.0 Petrol, its fantastic!!
                    Did the same for similar reasons, plus I'm broke (also don't like the bumper, although I'm going to be changing all mine too...
                    plus engine parts are simple enough to find as it's the same block as the astra J VXR...

Comment

Let's be honest, we would all have one if we could afford the running costs etc.

Always drool whenever I see one

Comment

VXR is nippy but stock it isn't really that quick...massively restricted to try and protect the pathetic clutch... if it lasts more than 20k its not being driven the way the engine wants.
                        engine chains are fine compared to the Saab TX.. i had that car as well and its faster in stock form....also a damn site more economical... i had 32mpg from it vs 24 from the VXR on the same commute.
                        Now a Stage 1 and uprated clutch on a VXR is a different story... the midrange come alive and it flies, pop in a decat pipe and it sounds the part.
                        Brake...plenty of independents do their version and in 20k miles with EBC reds i never had a problem.
                        It will eat tyres... Goodyear Eagle 3's lasted 7k.

Now.. would i buy another...NO.... bang for bucks its OK but ultimately they are a 13yr old design and the Jaguar XF 3.0d S i had before the VXR was a nicer drive, just as quick, better at high speed and better on fuel....one of the few cars i've felt relaxed in on an Autobahn on the 155 limiter and the car felt bored.
                        Now my current weekend car is its big brother the XFR and thats a weapon available for silly money with not much worse mpg but much more street cred..let alone the awesome V8 soundtrack with a supercharger.
                        My current daily drive 260 grand sport is more fun than the VXR...only thing i miss are the VXR seats but then i sit in my XFR and its like a nice fitted glove.

One thing i did find about the VXR is that the power can viscously switch to the rear with minimal warning if the car senses the front arent gripping...sounds ok until the fronts skip or hop due to the road surface dropping away etc giving snap oversteer and it also wasn;t stable at high speed, almost floaty if the road wasn't perfect.. a regular Insignia was better at following the road surface.

Saab TX didn't do that.....thats a car i would buy again... just so capable yet also nothing special...typical Saab, i miss that brand.

Comment

Working...
                        X