X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change pads only or discs

Hey guys

Just a bit of a general thread.

I need rear pads at back and took wheels off tonight to check discs. They're within spec in terms of minimum thickness,aren't excessively scored and have a very slight lip. Just curious 2hats the consensus for other diyers? Does anyone also throw rotors on anyways or should I cheap out and just do the pads?

Cheers

Ryan

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Myself I did discs also,piece of mind and they are also the handbrake-Brakes at the end of the day,only my thoughts though.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Myself I did discs also,piece of mind and they are also the handbrake-Brakes at the end of the day,only my thoughts though.
      I'll go with that mate cheers prob order them alongside a few other things on autodoc lucky I don't value my time as I spent a full work night pulling off calipers just to measure the rotor thickness !

Comment

I would do the lot when there off buddy.
        that way you know all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          I would do the lot when there off buddy.
          that way you know all is well.
          Cheers mate I'm def gonna go with that

Comment

I would do pads and discs myself, then you know they are done, and wont need to worry about brakes for a good while...

Grease up the pins on the calipers too whilst your at it

Comment

Originally posted by T_Lamb0 View Post
              I would do pads and discs myself, then you know they are done, and wont need to worry about brakes for a good while...

Grease up the pins on the calipers too whilst your at it
              Cheers fella will do yes have some silicone grease ordered a wee dial guage to check run out too not cutting any corners for once

Comment

When I did mine, new discs and pads on the front, they do the majority of the braking, and just pads on back, rear discs well within spec.

The front discs are bloody heavy/massive, Make sure your not far from your motor, when you pick them up
                Last edited by Dave71; 01-09-2021, 10:40 AM.
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                  When I did mine, new discs and pads on the front, they do the majority of the braking, and just pads on back, rear discs well within spec.

The front discs are bloody heavy/massive, Make sure your not far from your motor, when you pick them up
                  Haha yeb had my fronts off whe I did wheelbearing definitely meant with the vent holes or whatever

Comment

Working...
                  X