Welsh 20 mph Speed Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh 20 mph Speed Limits

Whilst I don't object in principle in the Principality to these limits, I find my 2.0 Diesel is just "somewhere" between 2nd and 3rd gear all the while at 20 mph. I guess this must be a common problem to diesel drivers. Obviously using extra fuel according to the second by second consumption readings info. in my Insignia. If they had made it 25 mph in all 30 mph zones I do believe safety, comfort of driving and fuel use would have been so much better. It appears to me that a safer, cleaner town centre, side road environment at 20 mph has been a mistake causing more noise, driver frustration and increased pollution.

And surly looking down more often to check your speed is going to cause mor accidents to

Comment

100% agree, it is horrific. In Glasgow the ULEZ zone is a nightmare also. They really are just anti-car everywhere.

Comment

I was in Wales on the weekend, no ones doing 20mph at all

Comment

Originally posted by Ruiz328 View Post
          I was in Wales on the weekend, no ones doing 20mph at all
          Yes. I'm not surprised. But we were there the first day, and the confusion as to where the restrictions ended resulted in some less observant drivers holding people up for miles whilst they were still doing 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor101 View Post

Yes. I'm not surprised. But we were there the first day, and the confusion as to where the restrictions ended resulted in some less observant drivers holding people up for miles whilst they were still doing 20.
            you get that no matter what the limits are. There is a road near me that is 50 and a section of about 4 miles 60 yet quite often there is a queue of traffic whilst some idiot is casually doing 40. I call that sort of underspeed dangerous but some of the woke community would then remind me the set speed is the limit not the target

Comment

i dont mind the reduced speed limit but it is a hassle having to check your speed all time and not pay attn to the road.

Find i dont get out of 2nd/3rd gear much.

its said all 30 zones are now 20...fair enough, if your not sure look at the signposts (hmmm...still says 30), and if your still unsure to check the government map....which says all roads in my village are 30 when some have been 20 for over a year.....

poorly prepared and poorly executed.

one other thing that gets on my tits is the increased width in pavements that swansea council seem to be doing....it was never an issue before but now they make busy roads with HGV's, busses on them narrower on one side

Comment

Got a couple of trips to Wales coming up soon....cant wait for this fun and games!

Comment

Originally posted by EssexMiffy View Post

you get that no matter what the limits are. There is a road near me that is 50 and a section of about 4 miles 60 yet quite often there is a queue of traffic whilst some idiot is casually doing 40. I call that sort of underspeed dangerous but some of the woke community would then remind me the set speed is the limit not the target
                  Not sure why that community doesn't realise it can be both.

Comment

Working...
                  X