I want to wax before the winter settled in properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to wax before the winter settled in properly

Have a look on ebay for a panel pot of dodo juice wax, something like diamond white or light fantastic will be fine. 30ml for around 6 quid.

Dont be scared to clay the car but make sure the car is wet, i never dry my car after its been washed before i clay, b@q are doing 5 litres of car shampoo for 3 quid and its great for a lube.
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

I use soapy water as lube and works just as well. Just be gentle with the clay bar and let it glide without pressure and always fold inwards.

Comment

As scotty said soapy water works great. Thats what i use too

Comment

If your scared about a clay bar get a clay mitt. I had never done it before either so I purchased a clay mitt and that was great and very easy to use
        sigpic

Comment

I use Angelwax Dark Angel Wax that is designed for darker cars. I also clay my cars twice a year, once after the summer & once after winter as was recommended by a detailer friend of mine. Once I have used the clay the car gets polished with Angelwaxes own polish & then 2 fine coats of Dark Angel. I then top the wax off every couple of months just to keep the shine. It will continue to bead without the top up but i find it keeps the shine better if used bi-monthly. I only polish the car if I have clayed it.

You don't need to re-wash after claybarring, just wipe the surface down & then add your chosen wax/polish

Comment

Working...
          X