Radio aerial wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio aerial wiring?

Radio aerial wiring? I recently fitted an aftermarket Android head unit, not the usual type with all the wiring and confections present and as a result cannot get the radio to work, there are two aerial connectors, and I am presuming one is GPS and one radio however I suspect that there is a wire in the harness that turns on the FM aerial amplifier, so the question is does anyone know which wire and its colour?

Well, many aftermarket units just have so bad radio reception that nothing helps. I used to have one that had bad reception and I used extra amplifier for the aerial and even then it only picked up barely one radio station when car was in certain place and position. Then I bought another unit and now the radio works perfectly with just the car original aerial, no extra amplifiers.

Comment

Remote switch on for amplifiers or similar, is usually blue out of the replacement head unit. Think you'd need to find the standard amplifier and check it has a power feed when ignition is turned on.

Comment

Sorted! Used pin 43 on the plug which I had tried before but this time it worked.

Comment

Thanks for updating this thread ,as it helps others .in the same situation.

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
          X