Fault code P244B Insignia B 2.0 170

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault code P244B Insignia B 2.0 170

Ok just had a search but this specific code doesn't get a mention as far as I can see.

The car has covered 26,671 miles and wont be 3 until December so I believe its in warranty. (Fingers crossed)

The car did a long run yesterday and I believe it had started a regen when I got home. The cooling fans were running and it was hot underneath and smelt hot. It was idling at 1000rpm. I let it sit and finish I noted the fans stop and the revs drop back to around 750/800rpm before I turned it off. Good I thought.

Today I just did a few miles and up pops the engine management light and reduced power message on dash. I stopped checked as much as I could everything sounded alright so took it straight home and onto the drive.
    I plugged in my basic diagnostic device and restarted the car and it has produced this code P244B which the tool suggests is to do with the dpf pressure.

Can anyone confirm this before I pick up the phone to a dealer and would it be covered under warranty?

P244B Possible Causes

What does this mean?

Faulty diesel particulate filter

Exhaust leaks before or near the diesel particulate filter pressure sensor

Leaks in the diesel particulate filter pressure sensor connecting hose

Aftermarket accessories and performance modifications

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Could also be the sensor and have seen reference to faulty Nox sensor.
      Warranty job in my eyes

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yes, that's what I thought, my basic code reader said exactly the same, with a bit of luck it's a faulty sensor! My Insignia a 160cdti never had a problem with its dpf in over 100,000 miles. I was hoping they had got over all the issues.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200903-141643.png Views:	0 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	266298
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200903-142506.png
Views:	1698
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	266299
        Last edited by Drew; 03-09-2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Had another check around, can't find the pipework or sensor on this car. It was obvious on the Insignia a. This one seems well hidden and I can't get right under it! I started it again to see what exhaust gasses are getting through the dpf and it's blowing like normal. Waiting for a call back from Drive Vauxhall....

Comment

Same engine as mine, everything is well hidden. To be honest not many issues with this engine. Mine does stationary regens more often than moving regens. Actually did one other day while driving, only went to 16%, gets to 9-11% stationary .

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes I have noticed mine more often that not regens as I get home and put it on the drive. So much so I always check before turning off usually I can feel the heat as I open the drivers door and the cooling fans will be going flat out. I then either go back out for a quick blast or like yesterday just leave it idling until it finishes. Gutted that it's thrown up this fault and hoping it's just a sensor issue
              It's booked in now two weeks today, just as well I don't have a job to go to!

Comment

Yours is an automatic Drew .
                sometimes with that code can be increased auto transmission fluid temperature
                or
                inproper DPF regeneration fluid used
                or DPF regeneration resovior empty ?
                Clogged DOF pressure tubes blocked
                shorted or open circuits on DPF pressure sensor
                that code equates to differential pressure too high .
                across the DPF .
                let us know how you get on at the dealer .

10-4 keep on insigniaring!

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks Paul, just got to wait and see now. I don't think it would be hot transmission fluid as I had only done a mile or two and the engine was just approaching correct temp so transmission probably still cold.
                  Could the adblue effect it? Is that what you mean by dpf regen fluid. It must be due some but I haven't had the warning yet and it warns with 1000miles left. I think I'll get some and fill it though before it goes in.
                  I suspect its a sensor or pipe or connection as the exhaust seems to be passing gas as normal. I remember when my Vec C gave up it wasn't passing anything and the joint ahead of the dpf blew apart with a whoosh!

Comment

Hope it gets sorted Drew with no drama for you
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks Howy, I'm hoping so. Just got to wait a couple of weeks for it to go in which is a pain but I can crack on with getting some polish on it !

Comment

Give a good polish and wax..........................you never know may decide to fix it's self,don't call it 'Christine' do you?
                        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

If it starts misbehaving it'll get called worse

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            If it starts misbehaving it'll get called worse

Comment

Right, about to set off to drop the car off at the dealer for them to look at this fault. will update you all later!

Comment

Working...
                              X