• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fill the car with premium fuel and take it a long run to
    CLEETHORPES

Comment

Drew How's the sensor behaving?
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
        Drew How's the sensor behaving?
        Well sensor B or number two has so far been without fault. The first one that's just at the bottom of the downpipe keeps failing so I am going to take it off and have a closer inspection. I can see that there is corrosion inside the connector. I just need a days decent weather. The car isn't going far at all at the moment, though we have been out today and it did a regen which I am relieved about as I wasn't certain how it might effect that side of things. I have my doubts it will fix but I will give it a try before I order a new one, at least I know how to get to it now and I'm fairly sure that will fix it.

Comment

Update, took the sensor and module off today, having soaked the sensor in wd40 it still didn't want to move so I ran the engine until the exhaust was hot to touch and that did the trick. Removed the module which is on stupidly long studs! Gave it a good clean in the connector used contact cleaner and cotton buds, but looking around it I think water has got in. Theres a little rattle when I shake it which does not sound good. So popped it all back on, cleared the code, drives as if there's no problem but after a restart eml comes back and a rescan shows it's still at fault, so looking for a new one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210402_113710.jpg
Views:	1265
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	293471

Name:	20210402_115118.jpg
Views:	1235
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	293472

Name:	20210402_120344.jpg
Views:	1236
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	293473

Name:	20210402_121647.jpg
Views:	1233
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	293474

Name:	20210402_122458.jpg
Views:	1220
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	293475

Name:	20210402_145538.jpg
Views:	1239
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	293476

Name:	20210402_154331.jpg
Views:	1227
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	293477

Comment

Is that a bit of lost bark ,on the thumb
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              Is that a bit of lost bark ,on the thumb
              First thing I do on any DIY job house or car thead

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

First thing I do on any DIY job house or car thead
                you want your username change to Frank Spencer?????

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

you want your username change to Frank Spencer?????
                  I'm not allowed near sharp knives in the kitchen either

Comment

I know you don't want to loose more skin, but adjustables are for holding on .
                    Take it off again, small tin, oven at 40 or 50 and bake for an hour or so. Leave to air cool. See if it still makes a noise when shaken. Not like you have anything to lose.
                    If don't fancy the oven use your hair dryer for 20 mins or so.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      Take it off again, small tin, oven at 40 or 50 and bake for an hour or so. Leave to air cool. See if it still makes a noise when shaken. Not like you have anything to lose.

P30 lite using Tapatalk
                      and if that doesn't work,
                      back into the oven, add some pepper, salt, a touch of oxo and it'll be a decent Sunday dinner.

Comment

P30 lite using Tapatalk
                        I read something like that on another forum, I might give it a go.

Comment

Well I've ordered 3 sensors so far, the first the seller wouldn't ship to UK, so I got my money back. The second, they had misplaced the only one they had, so I got my money back......Hopefully 3rd time lucky. Let's see!

Comment

The sensor arrived today so I popped it on, cleared the fault code and so far fingers and toes crossed, legs and everything crossed after a number of cycles of stop starting no eml. Of course the next few journeys will tell but here's what the old module looked like after the connector block fell off in my hands!

Name:	20210419_144829.jpg
Views:	1218
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	296271

Name:	20210419_144938.jpg
Views:	1222
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	296272

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                              The sensor arrived today so I popped it on, cleared the fault code and so far fingers and toes crossed, legs and everything crossed after a number of cycles of stop starting no eml. Of course the next few journeys will tell but here's what the old module looked like after the connector block fell off in my hands!

Name:	20210419_144829.jpg
Views:	1218
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	296271

Name:	20210419_144938.jpg
Views:	1222
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	296272
                              Fingers crossed. An item to add to possible faults on the GS

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Fingers crossed. An item to add to possible faults on the GS

P30 lite using Tapatalk
                                Yes, they seem to be one of those things that last 3 years and then fail just after your warranty expires! Been for a run out up the coast and a fish and chip supper and so far so good!

Comment

Working...
                                X