removing rear door card from closed door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing rear door card from closed door

As above is it possible to remove the rear door card without been able to open the door?
    door handle has no resistance and child lock is on

As long as you know where the fastners are then its doable .
    I did one of mine once but I knew how it came off so it was relatively easy for me.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Never had the rear door card off, but is it possible to remove the handle from the card and pull the cable/rod with a pair of pliers?

Failing that, as lizzard-t mentions, have a look at the fixing positions of door cards on ebay.

Comment

there's are 3 fixings on the panel that requires a T20 torx.
        2 behind the large C shaped door pull handle and 1 behind the actual door opening lever.

the rest of the door panel is held on with push in clips.

the issue you will have, is being able to get all the clips of the perimeter of the panel out far enough to be able to push the door panel up and off the where it sits at the window and door pin.

also it'll be difficult with the seat in place too.

and if you've the child lock on, then that brings another problem.

Comment

Cheers for the replies, i did think about removing the door altogether. As above i know the location of the 3 fixings and the rest are just pop it type fixings. The problem is deffo mechanical as the central locking works fine on the remote
          do i need to get all the clips off the complete card was hoping to just open an edge and get my hand in there..........

Comment

the panel would need to be removed to be able to get access to the inners.

unless your a contortionist, then there's no way you can get into the gubbings without the panel being removed.

even if its something as simple as a broken cable, access is mega tight.

the only other option, is ripping the panel off completely and replacing it when you've fixed the door.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              the panel would need to be removed to be able to get access to the inners.

unless your a contortionist, then there's no way you can get into the gubbings without the panel being removed.

even if its something as simple as a broken cable, access is mega tight.

the only other option, is ripping the panel off completely and replacing it when you've fixed the door.
              ok cheers for this, i am still going to try its bugging the hell out of me got a week off work in 2 days time so will diet till then

Comment

Its at times like this you could do with that chappie flat Stanley he use to be able to slide under doors and into lady's changing rooms.

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Well an update, went to the scrappy could not remove a door card as my t20 torx was not long enough for 1 poxy screw, ended up buying the complete door for £30 and stripped it at home where all y tools were. Unable to remove my existing card easily so ended up cutting a slot in it big enough to get my hand in. nothing seems to un attached or broken everything moves on the inside so am now thinking its the actual latch not releasing and that is where i am now stuck, going to blast some wd40 in there and see where that lands me......anyone else got any ideas?

Comment

Well it's the latch that's for certain . Have you made sure all the rods are attached to the latch and they are fully moving ,
                    Dose the door lock / unlock with the central locking ?
                    Have you tried pushing the the door whilst operating the latch ?
                    From inside .
                    I've known rods fall off the latch , but I've never known one become stuck or fail completely.
                    But know doubt some one will throw a wrench in the works !

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Remove the rear seat bench irs just clipped in then easy access to the door card

Comment

just an update, went out just now to have the lock rotated via computer tried the door and the bloody thing popped open as if nothing was wrong with it.
                        blasted it with wd40 tried it a few more times and its worked every time just have to replace the card now
                        happy days

Comment

Working...
                        X