Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news! I got these today and they work a charm. No warning in the dash or anything. So if anyone is looking for LED rear indicators these are the ones to go for.

Haven’t tested them at night yet for the brightness but will have a look later on today.

Comment

• Originally posted by patto98 View Post
      Good news! I got these today and they work a charm. No warning in the dash or anything. So if anyone is looking for LED rear indicators these are the ones to go for.

Haven’t tested them at night yet for the brightness but will have a look later on today.
      Nice one! Yeah if they're like the others they will be far too bright but easily sorted by covering the LEDs around the sides.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Nice one! Yeah if they're like the others they will be far too bright but easily sorted by covering the LEDs around the sides.
        Yeah, I've been driving around with them since and monitoring how bright they are and didn't think there was going to be a problem, but then last night I had the person who was behind me at the lights holding their hand over their face to shield my indicator, so I've put some tape over the end of the lights hopefully to try and dull them out a bit.

As for the other lights yesterday I received the LED's for the low beam that you recommended and they work a treat! Incredibly happy with them and the nice white light they produce, exactly what I was looking for.

However, I do now have one interesting issue. I have never really been happy with the reversing lights in the car just because they seem very dull, and it makes it harder to see how close I am to the curb than I'd like. I ordered some T15's (the same brand as the indicator ones that I ordered), they arrived today, and they fit into the housing no worries. However when I install 1 of the bulbs, no issue, but when there are 2 LED's in there at once they stay constantly lit, doesn't matter if I'm in drive, park, neutral, the car is completely turned off, they are lit. If I install one halogen and one LED, no such issue. Any ideas on what this could possibly mean?

For the meantime I've put the LED in the side closest to the curb and left a halogen in the other side, but this is going to look uneven so ideally I'd like to have both LED's in.

Comment

• Originally posted by patto98 View Post

Yeah, I've been driving around with them since and monitoring how bright they are and didn't think there was going to be a problem, but then last night I had the person who was behind me at the lights holding their hand over their face to shield my indicator, so I've put some tape over the end of the lights hopefully to try and dull them out a bit.

As for the other lights yesterday I received the LED's for the low beam that you recommended and they work a treat! Incredibly happy with them and the nice white light they produce, exactly what I was looking for.

However, I do now have one interesting issue. I have never really been happy with the reversing lights in the car just because they seem very dull, and it makes it harder to see how close I am to the curb than I'd like. I ordered some T15's (the same brand as the indicator ones that I ordered), they arrived today, and they fit into the housing no worries. However when I install 1 of the bulbs, no issue, but when there are 2 LED's in there at once they stay constantly lit, doesn't matter if I'm in drive, park, neutral, the car is completely turned off, they are lit. If I install one halogen and one LED, no such issue. Any ideas on what this could possibly mean?

For the meantime I've put the LED in the side closest to the curb and left a halogen in the other side, but this is going to look uneven so ideally I'd like to have both LED's in.
          We found it was the LEDs around the sides of the bulbs causing the blinding light. There are mirrored reflectors and the LEDs were too strong so we wrapped all the side ones and only left the end LEDs showing. No more issues after that.

I'm glad you're happy with the dipped beam bulbs. As I said. Been in over a year now with no issues. Recently passed an MOT with them in too.

I haven't bothered changing my revering bulbs so can't help there. Sounds to me there is just enough constant live going through to light the LEDs. Normal halogens take more power to light up so it won't be noticeable.

Maybe some resisters will sort it (though doubt there'll be much room for them) or higher wattage LEDs?
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Has anyone found any led lights that don’t bring up an error?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremors1987 View Post
              Has anyone found any led lights that don’t bring up an error?
              If you're asking about headlights I'm afraid the answer is no. Resisters sort errors though. All easy plug and play. Read post 171 in this thread. That has everything you need to get up and running.

Comment

If you're asking about headlights I'm afraid the answer is no. Resisters sort errors though. All easy plug and play. Read post 171 in this thread. That has everything you need to get up and running.
                Unfortunately I tried what was recommended as in the bmw lights and decoder and still got errors and a horrible beam pattern I’m close to giving up

Comment

Unfortunately I tried what was recommended as in the bmw lights and decoder and still got errors and a horrible beam pattern I’m close to giving up
                  That's odd. Every one else who has tried that setup (and there's a fair few of us now) has had great success.

I wonder if they ran out of stock and sent different bulbs. The led chips need to be just in the correct position to give the beam pattern a cut off and kick up to the left.

Other bulbs just spread the light. It that what you're seeing?

Comment

That's odd. Every one else who has tried that setup (and there's a fair few of us now) has had great success.

I wonder if they ran out of stock and sent different bulbs. The led chips need to be just in the correct position to give the beam pattern a cut off and kick up to the left.

Other bulbs just spread the light. It that what you're seeing?
                    The left beam was higher is that’s what you mean? They just seemed to high lighting up the trees rather than the road

is anyone on here close to Bristol?

Comment

The left beam was higher is that’s what you mean? They just seemed to high lighting up the trees rather than the road

is anyone on here close to Bristol?
                      The pattern against a wall should look like this. The kick up to the left is to light the pavement and edge of the road without dazzling other road users.

The issue with led bulbs is they come in varying lengths and the Insignia B relies on the chip being in the correct position so the metal sheath in the headlight housing can then give the output the correct cut off.

Your issue could be one of 3 things.

1. The lights have changed on the 2019 model? (Does yours look like mine with the metal sheath)
                      2. Maybe you haven't seated them correctly
                      3. They have sent the wrong bulbs

I haven't a clue why you're getting dash errors. Are you getting errors for both sides?

Comment

The pattern against a wall should look like this. The kick up to the left is to light the pavement and edge of the road without dazzling other road users.

The issue with led bulbs is they come in varying lengths and the Insignia B relies on the chip being in the correct position so the metal sheath in the headlight housing can then give the output the correct cut off.

Your issue could be one of 3 things.

1. The lights have changed on the 2019 model? (Does yours look like mine with the metal sheath)
                        2. Maybe you haven't seated them correctly
                        3. They have sent the wrong bulbs

I haven't a clue why you're getting dash errors. Are you getting errors for both sides?
                        Error only seems to be the left as for the headlight mine looks the same I will take a picture when the rain stops and I have attached a photo not sure what way up the bulb goes but mine looks different to what you have cause these aren’t round at the end?

Comment

Error only seems to be the left as for the headlight mine looks the same I will take a picture when the rain stops and I have attached a photo not sure what way up the bulb goes but mine looks different to what you have cause these aren’t round at the end?
                          Sorry that was an old shot with different bulbs in. I was just using it to reference positions.

I have these in now, same as in your pic.

Try swapping your resisters over left to right to see if it clears your error. If that doesn't work. You may have a dodgy one.

Comment

Sorry that was an old shot with different bulbs in. I was just using it to reference positions.

I have these in now, same as in your pic.

Try swapping your resisters over left to right to see if it clears your error. If that doesn't work. You may have a dodgy one.
                            I tried swapping the bulb and resistors still same error on the left but if I put normal bulbs in it’s fine really strange one

Comment

I tried swapping the bulb and resistors still same error on the left but if I put normal bulbs in it’s fine really strange one
                              That is strange. Sorry can't help then. I can't think of what else you can do. I'd probably try some different resisters. There's lots of them on eBay.

Comment

That is strange. Sorry can't help then. I can't think of what else you can do. I'd probably try some different resisters. There's lots of them on eBay.
                                Here is a picture of mine

Comment

Working...
                                X