Insignia MK2 Air Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia MK2 Air Filters

I'll cut a long story short here... I bought my MK2 Insignia SRi VX Line second hand from Eden Vauxhall in November last year and chopped on my 15 Plate Insignia to help with the purchase. They gave me the usual hot air about how they'd fully serviced it but it transpired they hadn't.

I took the air filter out today and noticed it was absolutely filthy so I checked on euro car parts and they stated that they didn't provide air filters for my model. GSF, however, did. I picked up the filter, got it home and quickly realised they'd sold me the filter for the previous model of Insignia and that they didn't supply the part I needed.

I've bitten the bullet and purchased one myself from Vauxhall directly as the only alternative is to buy the air filter directly from AC Delco direct on the USA.

Has anyone else with the new style Insignia experienced these issues? I'm really frustrated with the situation and resent buying parts direct from Vauxhall because of the costs associated...

Have you tried ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Have you tried ebay?
      Yep. eBay, Amazon, Auto Parts Doc and Southwest Auto Parts all tried. The only way to get the part in the UK seems to be through Vauxhall which seems absolutely insane. I've never experienced this issue with any other car before!

Comment

My second service came up in Dec 19. The mechanic was expecting to change air and diesel filters but the vauxhall schedule says 4 years! The diesel filter looks a lot better (he says) I haven't looked. As they are not 4 year old yet maybe no one e is making them?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
          My second service came up in Dec 19. The mechanic was expecting to change air and diesel filters but the vauxhall schedule says 4 years! The diesel filter looks a lot better (he says) I haven't looked. As they are not 4 year old yet maybe no one e is making them?
          You could be right there. Neither GSF or ECP seemed to know the answer. Vauxhall themselves had a fair few of the filters in stock... Just for £24. I've put a picture of my air filter below. I've given it a quick vaccum but it's still in a bad way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200130_130915.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	244467

Comment

Originally posted by ConnorC View Post
            You could be right there. Neither GSF or ECP seemed to know the answer. Vauxhall themselves had a fair few of the filters in stock... Just for £24. I've put a picture of my air filter below. I've given it a quick vaccum but it's still in a bad way.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3530[/ATTACH]
            My god, where have you been driving?

Comment

Is that a foam filter?

Comment

Disgusting that. Genuine filter are paper with foam on the bottom

Comment

I can't believe that the air filter has ever been changed before - it's vile. Prior to taking the picture I'd pulled a load of dead wasps out of the air box itself too.

I'll do some before and after pictures when I pick up the new filter tomorrow. This'll become a yearly ritual for me now as I'm a real believer that air filters are a yearly service schedule item.

Comment

Originally posted by ConnorC View Post
                    I can't believe that the air filter has ever been changed before - it's vile. Prior to taking the picture I'd pulled a load of dead wasps out of the air box itself too.

I'll do some before and after pictures when I pick up the new filter tomorrow. This'll become a yearly ritual for me now as I'm a real believer that air filters are a yearly service schedule item.
                    I would then contact vauxhall and complain about NOT getting this changed when they said they had done it.

Might throw a few shekels your way

Comment

True, I think for the sake of £24 a year it's worth it. I'll be looking at mine tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        True, I think for the sake of £24 a year it's worth it. I'll be looking at mine tomorrow!
                        For £20 you can get a washable foam air filter, with a lifetime guarantee, just wash every 10k miles, and they let at least twice the cold air in to keep the car happy
                        2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

So I went to Vauxhall earlier today and had a good chat with the chap from the parts department about the air filter who seemed confused as to why I was doing it myself... Someone from the service team ended up coming over who confirmed that it's changed on a 2 year interval hence why it had never been changed!

Comment

Working...
                          X