Are the media stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the media stupid?

You all know I hate football so I know its odd me starting a thread with that as a base but off we go.

As England have progressed through the Euro, some murmurings started from the media about giving us a bank holiday to celebrate if England win These have gotten stronger and now it's all I hear. They're literally begging the government to give us a one off bank holiday.

Are they fking stupid? Bank holidays have been part of the annual leave total for many years. The law states you're entitled to 20 days leave plus 8 days to cover bank holidays. So you get 28 days leave and 8 of those are used for bank holidays. An extra bank holiday would just be taken out of annual leave. The same happened for William and Katie's wedding. The government gave us a bank holiday but didn't write it in law. Instead they called on the good nature of employers to give their employees that day off. The government would be giving us nothing.

I wish they'd read employment law before spouting their shite!
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

More media bullshit.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Comment

Wouldn't have made a difference to me as BH are worked if my shift happens to fall on one.We do get double-time thoughDue to our shift pattern (I think) it's a 5 year rota whereby you'll drop on working most BH fo 5 years,then not working most for 5 years.
      One the plus side we get 38 days leave and can go +/- 18
      2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

Doesn't matter now anyway....They bottled it as usual.
        They'll have all gone home in their Bentleys and Ferraris to their 5 million pound houses thinking what have I ever achieved in life.

Over paid cnuts!

Just heard the bad news that it's the world cup next year. I hope they're out of it early so the sheep don't keep bleeting to me about football thinking I give a fcuk.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

great for us self employed folk who, like yourself, have no interest in football also!! why should I have staff away for something unwarranted?? Out of my pocket. Hell even restaurants were closed last night too,... just for footy!!! But in answer to your question,... no I think the media are VERY clever,... very clever indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            great for us self employed folk who, like yourself, have no interest in football also!! why should I have staff away for something unwarranted?? Out of my pocket. Hell even restaurants were closed last night too,... just for footy!!! But in answer to your question,... no I think the media are VERY clever,... very clever indeed.
            Well yeah, clever in spouting their shite sells news.

Comment

Premadonnas kicking a plastic thing and tripping over a blade of grass
              never have never will do
              Don't watch TV , and don't like sports.
              the only thing I do not agree with at all is these keyboard worriers picking on the players due to there skin colour.
              And down here ,there was a memorial to a chap nick named "Italian Tony "
              and that was targeted last night all because Italy won .
              Makes you proud to be brittish?
              Don't think so !

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

A day off so they can go back on the pish, trash a town centre, racially abuse some of their own football stars and insult other nations by booing at their national anthems, I don't think so. Now I know not all fans are to blame but they need to start policing themselves and standing up to the idiots that drag them all down.
                Another thing, I was proud of our team (despite not being a football fan) but why were they taking their medals off the moment they were given them? I assumed that to be disrespectful but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Well yeah, clever in spouting their shite sells news.
                  Absolutely Spot on; the media over the last few years have proved to be by and large totally incapable of portraying anything balanced, no matter what they are supposedly reporting on; all about ramping it up in order to sell more papers or get the viewing figures up.

Personally, I gave up watching the TV news 18months ago, and don't regret it one bit

Comment

Think us Scots were looking for three days off in mourning if England had won

Comment

Originally posted by FUG1 View Post

Absolutely Spot on; the media over the last few years have proved to be by and large totally incapable of portraying anything balanced, no matter what they are supposedly reporting on; all about ramping it up in order to sell more papers or get the viewing figures up.

Personally, I gave up watching the TV news 18months ago, and don't regret it one bit
                      they make the news now, rather than report on it,.... more akin to propaganda

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post

they make the news now, rather than report on it,.... more akin to propaganda
                        Very much like propaganda....can't trust them at all

Comment

Working...
                        X