Another....SVS Message Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another....SVS Message Question...

Been using the car fine for a while now and then randomly as i reversed off the drive yesterday lunch it flashed up Service Vehicle Soon on the information display. Now seen this a fair bit so assumed it was my usual DPF woes but i drove the car down our street to check and it wasnt in limp mode. Also unlike previous times its come up the message could be cleared by pressed the end of the indicator stalk, fairly sure other times its done it i've not been able to do that. There are no lights such as the engine management light on on the dashboard and the car is driving perfectly fine so i'm a little confused.

Does it also flash this up when its time for a service? Its probably due but as i'm probably going to part ex the car after xmas i'm loathed to fork out any big money on it. I'm due to go away for the weekend Saturday morning and with young one now in tow we could do with my car to get everything in rather than taking the other halves Astra. I could probably get down to my Uncles garage tomorrow to get the code read if it is going to be a fault issue but if its just a message to get the car serviced i can better use the time loading the car up and getting ready to go away etc.

Need to get the car plugged in. The guessing game is expensive.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I had the SVS light on mine with no other fault lights, checked codes and it was just a faulty glow plug. Hope yours is a cheap fix too.

Comment

Rightio...could it wait til after the weekend? Won’t have time to get it sorted before I go really. Think we’re at that age with it now where little bits are going like the battery and possibly a glow plug. Car will be 8 yrs old in March although it’s only done 58000 so probably a good buy for someone.

Comment

I would at least get the codes read for peace of mind more than anything else. Because if it is something more serious, you could breakdown which could be more of an inconvenience than anything else. Better the devil you know.
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Confirmed as a faulty glow plug on cylinder 2....lad at my uncles garage who did it for me said for some reason when he's seen these its always that one that flags up!

Comment

Glad you're sorted mate. Now you just need to see if you have cheap glow plugs or whether you need to bend over and take one for the team 😲

Comment

Not checked that far as yet as it was a quick nip over in my lunch hour to check the error code. I've got a 2010 Elite ST with the 2.0 160 engine with no ecoflex or start stop fancy stuff so i'm guessing\hoping its cheap ones. No idea what would mean i have the expensive ones really.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                  Not checked that far as yet as it was a quick nip over in my lunch hour to check the error code. I've got a 2010 Elite ST with the 2.0 160 engine with no ecoflex or start stop fancy stuff so i'm guessing\hoping its cheap ones. No idea what would mean i have the expensive ones really.
                  Mine's a 2010 sri 160 and fortunately I have 4 cheap plugs fitted. I'll keep fingers crossed buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobs3252 View Post
                    Mine's a 2010 sri 160 and fortunately I have 4 cheap plugs fitted. I'll keep fingers crossed buddy.
                    If its expensive ones then i'll probably just move forward plans to part ex it. With Vauxhall offering £1000 more than We Buy Any Car as well whilst i've had it for sale privately and had a bit of interest i'll probably get less selling it than i will on this deal i think.

Comment

Being the elite, all 4 could be the expensive ones.

Comment

I have 4 with the pressure sensors. '12 Biturbo. Mine pinged up with this this morning. No1 is completely banjaxed, No2 is giving a high reading, No3 and No4 are fine. Thats another €400.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                          I have 4 with the pressure sensors. '12 Biturbo. Mine pinged up with this this morning. No1 is completely banjaxed, No2 is giving a high reading, No3 and No4 are fine. Thats another €400.
                          Ouch [emoji44][emoji24]

Comment

If that’s the case it’ll definitely speed up the getting rid process. That said it’s cruised to Scarborough and back fully loaded this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                              Are all biturbos fitted with all 4 of this type ?
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X