Service vehicle soon on display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service vehicle soon on display

Only had my insignia for two weeks or so. It was serviced and MOTd as a courtesy when I bought it from the garage. Now I have this notification on the dash screen. Is there anything I can do myself to tell the car it's been serviced. (I remember doing some ignition key jiggling on my Nissan Micra to reset an engine management light
    ).

Usually that means the ECU is showing a fault code. If you have a scanner just clear the fault code and it'll go away. Unplugging the battery for 30 min can work as well but it would be useful to find the fault as well

Comment

Originally posted by cianmurray96 View Post
      Usually that means the ECU is showing a fault code. If you have a scanner just clear the fault code and it'll go away. Unplugging the battery for 30 min can work as well but it would be useful to find the fault as well
      Thanks. I don't have a scanner. I've arranged to take it to the garage in the morning. The guy who sold it to me there is my karate instructor too, I got a good deal on the car so he would hate for me to have problems with it so soon.

Comment

Recommend you bring it back to diagnose and repair. Heater plug might be likely culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
          Recommend you bring it back to diagnose and repair. Heater plug might be likely culprit.
          Thanks for that, I will mention it when I'm there.

Comment

Could be boost pipe leaking either. Common enough. Should be fine once you get the code and fix whatever it's saying. Even if you only get it cleared it might not come up again but defiantly worth looking into before anything major happens

Comment

All sorted. Took them ten minutes to reset it. The car was serviced and they didn't reset the car computer to tell it that it was serviced.

Comment

Spoke too soon. It's come back. What a pain in the ass

Comment

Yeah they probably cleared the code and then the car showed it up again afterwards when the cause wasn't fixed..

Comment

service vehicle soon is a generic message that can mean lots of things. not necessarily you car requires a service, its indicating you car requires a visit to a garage to have fault code read. my old 160 had this message and it turned out to be a split turbo intercooler pipe. check the big black pipe at the front of your engine. mine had a tiny hole in where it was starting to split. this was giving the mass flow meter erratic readings hence message. hope this helps
                    2015 Sri VX Line Nav Biturbo in white. Heated Leather,Reversing camera,Sport Button,tour Button,Privacy glass,Voice,Tailgate light mod.

Comment

Yeah,as above,it's nowt to do with servicing the car,,it means there's a fault,,needs codes reading
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian1969 View Post
                        service vehicle soon is a generic message that can mean lots of things. not necessarily you car requires a service, its indicating you car requires a visit to a garage to have fault code read. my old 160 had this message and it turned out to be a split turbo intercooler pipe. check the big black pipe at the front of your engine. mine had a tiny hole in where it was starting to split. this was giving the mass flow meter erratic readings hence message. hope this helps
                        I'll have a look, thanks. I've let the garage know and they are happy to give me a courtesy car while they diagnose it. It's a bit **** really because I've only just purchased the car. Not a good sign. Can't do anything yet I'm up in Ascot, driving a coach load of women. 26 gorgeous girls all to myself.....

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                          Yep. Heater plug it was. All fixed. Cheers.

Comment

By 'Heater Plug' do you mean a glow plug is faulty ?

Mine has just flashed 'service vehicle soon' a week after an MOT and Service,
                            Had this message pop up last week, and got the garage to check it out, they said the opcom didn't find anything, but its flashed up again this morning......
                            Chris

Comment

Could be any number of things. Get the codes read

Comment

Working...
                              X