Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS Valve

Hi

I have a iffy valve on the front of my MY2011 that I would like to replace.
    can anyone advise what type I need.
    I know the monitor is a dark orangey thing but I don't know if just the valve can be changed out or not.
    please plan is to look when I get the rear tyres done but it would be ideal to have some info before hand.
    has a search around but I did see a topic on the types and TMPS centre seems to have no listing?

thanks

Prefacelift you need to replace the whole thing unfortunately.

Comment

Oh great. Typical.
      Any idea on a source other than the dealers?

Thanks

Comment

try autovaux
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
          Oh great. Typical.
          Any idea on a source other than the dealers?

Thanks
          Most large tyre shops can supply and fit BUT they wont be original fitment therefore wont automatically pair with car, what they do is clone the one being taken off the car (this basically means they suck the sensor ID from the original and download it to pattan part). If your on tight budget its cost effective and probably work fine but should that wheel then get fitted on another corner problems will show. If you can get genuine parts (you or any future) owners may have less issues later.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
            Hi

I have a iffy valve on the front of my MY2011 that I would like to replace.
            can anyone advise what type I need.
            I know the monitor is a dark orangey thing but I don't know if just the valve can be changed out or not.
            please plan is to look when I get the rear tyres done but it would be ideal to have some info before hand.
            has a search around but I did see a topic on the types and TMPS centre seems to have no listing?

thanks
            I haven't looked at mine but will the centre of the valve not screw out and replace with a valve tool? Or is the rubber outer part cracked or split. If alternately if air is leaking from around the base of the valve it could be a corrosion problem with the rim. You suggest that the monitor bit is still working. A tyre fitter would quickly replace the valve centre if they do come out. I would ask.

Comment

Hi drew
              The problem is the valve part is threaded and so just spins when tried to be removed to deflate when changing a tyre.
              Has to be deflated by holding in valve.
              Sometimes can also get stuck open very slightly but just need to push in and out a few times to get it to seat correctly.
              Was looking to prevent an issue more than anything.

Comment

Ah,

Comment

Working...
                X