Diesel or petrol?...🤔

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel or petrol?...🤔

Hi guys...as i mentioned the other day I'm due to buy an insignia (New shape) quite soon and I'm wondering whether to buy diesel or petrol?...reason being, I'm not going to be doing much long distance driving in her, in fact, probably only around 6K miles per year...
    Help! 😬

Petrol .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Had the issue with mine (diesel). Only done 4-6000 miles, my dpf light came on quite often. So I'd settle for petrol...

Comment

Low miles like that = petrol. Less money to buy and the diesels are not that economical anyway.

Comment

Thanks Drew...that's confirmed what i was thinking...👍

Comment

That's it then Arfa, petrol it is i reckon...
            Thankyou...

Comment

Petrol no brainer at that milage, save on repair bills, all new petrols now have PPF fitted but does not clog up same as diesel due to running hotter quicker so iv'e been told. https://www.whatcar.com/advice/buyin...it-work/n19953
              The petrol particulate filter (PPF) also known as an OPF or GPF is found in modern petrol vehicles. Find out more about it here and our solutions.

Comment

Thankyou...

Comment

I do around 4.5k a year and have a petrol. I'm averaging around 30mpg but that's with an average speed of 14mph So you can tell my miles are built up of many short trips.

The 1.5 turbo 165ps petrol is a surprisingly punchy little engine. I wouldn't fancy towing a caravan and wouldn't advise ragging it as a norm but it's definitely got power when needed. Just in case you didn't know...The Insignia B is around 27 stone lighter than the Insignia A which is really helping the smaller engines cope well.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Is the 1.5 the biggest petrol engine available?...

Comment

Originally posted by Violator101 View Post
                      Is the 1.5 the biggest petrol engine available?...
                      There is a 2.0 turbo but I think it only came in the elite and GSi.

Also the 1.5t comes in two maps...The 165ps like mine and the 140ps. If you do get a 1.5t petrol I'd deffo go for the higher ps. I'm pretty sure the SRi and above only come with the higher map but It's something to be aware of when you start seriously looking.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

anything less than 15k miles per year you should look to petrol. Shame the 1.6 turbo petrol has been dropped, - 200bhp and 0-60 in 7.something,

Comment

I do less than 15k and i bought a 2l diesel.. i will be pulling a caravan tho. ( and if i get any issues with dpf ill look into getting it mapped out thead )

Comment

So 1.6 Turbo is just in the shape before this one then?..
                            Maybe i should get the old shape?...

Comment

2013 facelift elite/nav auto 63 reg 1.6t 170ps trip meter reading 35 mpg 38 mph 62,000 miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X