X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance renewal advice please

Hey guys,
    so a little back story
    Last year I allegedly reversed into a parked car and drove off....guys runs across carpark and grass to collar me screaming in my face. Showed him licence etc didn't get his details (he scared the crap outta me) next thing I know rounds of calls with insurance then accident investigators and insurance solicitors and even the police he told them I left and didn't give details (he took a photo of my licence) yeah yeah I know.....now!!!

Fast forward to a couple of months ago my details have been accessed in a 3rd party date breach from a hire car company, ring insurance to find out he's claimed a hire car and trying to get my insurance to pay for it. To my knowledge there was no contact my sensors didn't indicate I'd hit there was no resistance felt etc. My insurance are now going after said guy for fraudulent representation, so on and so forth.
    And latest update is his insurance have dropped it like a hot exhaust and he's got some ambulance chaser type company going for it claiming damage to car and injury there is no damage to my car BTW.

So after all that ramble...my insurance is due for renewal next month and looking are quotes what do I put in regards to this incident as 1 it isn't settled yet and 2 is it my fault regardless?
    if this makes sense to anyone please help a girl out

Lara

I'd check with your current insurers to be honest.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      I'd check with your current insurers to be honest.
      I agree there, they already know about it and should advise.

Comment

Was there any cctv at all.

Comment

Had a similar a couple of years ago. IF your insurance company are going after him then they are aware
          even if nothing comes out of his tomfoolery, it will be classed as a open claim for at least 3 months.
          As said above I had it when a car pulling a boat tried to side swipe my wife's car, he did not stop , but I made a statement to the police
          and informed my insurance company, and from that moment onwards, that's the marker on your insurance.
          Took 3+ months to close it with my insurance company, but its still technically a claim !
          it seems silly but always be honest when renewal is due , as insurance companies can search you on a database if they feel there is something amiss .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

You will have to declare it as an accident / claim that's on going. Although you don't have to stay with your current provider as they know the situation this will make it easier for you to renew.

Once the claim has been settled and you have been proven to be not at fault you can then speak to your insurers and get a refund of the the difference between the cost at renewal with a claim and the cost of renewal with a no fault claim.

Either way all the insurers will know you have had a claim and your premium will go up. The amount it raises is all that will be affected.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X