Hidden features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden features

As I normally read most of the manual, I was surprised I found two things my Insignia does which aren't in the manual.

First thing was the climate control seems to known when you're making a phone call. I started with windows down, climate control off as it was hot in the car. After a few miles I closed the windows, started a phone call and turned the climate control on. The fan was blowing really slow, until I ended the phone call. Then it started to speed up. So it seems to wait until the call was over before it started to maximize cooling.

The second one involved the automatic cruise control. I was driving about 60 mph over country roads. In one rather sharp corner, the car slowed down. It seems that if the car thinks the corner is too sharp, it will slow down a bit. It didn't seems to be an ESP action as no braking was involved, it just lifter the throttle a bit, and no light was shown. My previous Insignia had not problems with the same corner (but that one does had the sport suspension).

I think they're cool features, I wonder if someone else has discovered hidden features in their cars...

Fan speed changes in facelift too,when making a call...Nice feature imo
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not sure about the second one but i've come across the first one. Few times i've had the air con on quite hard, call came in or i started a new call and it slowed until i ended the call then sped up again.

Comment

I think the fan speed is indeed a nice feature, someone was really thinking about the driver when the design of the software was made. I can appreciate that!

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
          I think the fan speed is indeed a nice feature, someone was really thinking about the driver when the design of the software was made. I can appreciate that!
          Very handy on a hot day when climate is on low,with fans on full blast
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
          X