Might be pulling the trigger on an insignia b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be pulling the trigger on an insignia b

As titled, the old siggy a is gonna probably be replaced with a siggy b grand sport. Are there any issues I need to look for? Also the sideskirts on both sides look like they've come away slightly at the back from the bodywork...is this normal...cheers

Originally posted by Morephun1979 View Post
    As titled, the old siggy a is gonna probably be replaced with a siggy b grand sport. Are there any issues I need to look for? Also the sideskirts on both sides look like they've come away slightly at the back from the bodywork...is this normal...cheers
    Sure Chewy has this issue Chewy1971

Sent from my 23090RA98G using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by Morephun1979 View Post
      Cheers MattG -

As Matt says, when I bought mine 5 years ago now, the skirts were not flush with the bodywork at the rear arch. This was due to a process issue during manufacture and a field remedy was sent to dealers - mine went in twice to get it done which was simply sticky pads. Needless to say these failed and they ended up doing a proper job and bonding them on. May be worth checking with a VX dealer - if you are buying from a VX dealer, just get them to do it, LOADS had this issue around 2018. If it's another dealer, then a reputable bodyshop might be a better option.

Comment

Check the spec of every car you look at, on early cars (pe facelift) everything was on the options list even down to the rear screen wiper on the gs. Some have them some don't! The elites where you would think everything was included sometimes don't have the autofold mirrors, some gsi dont have intellilux lights etc. etc. It's best to know what you want before you go shopping. Check for cam belt and cam chain service on b20dth I did mine at 65k some are going at that mileage. The b16dte/h is a chain. There were lots of problems early on with clutch slip but that should have all been sorted now.

Comment

Cheers guys, I'll get them to bond the skirts on then. Its a nice car to drive, only thing I wanted really was it in red or grey.. this ones white, still looks clean though.

Comment

Another question...Does the siggy b have a regen light or can a one be retrofitted? The one in the siggi a has been so handy to know when it's actually doing a regen.

Comment

Mine doesn't have a regen light, it's supposed to show up on the 'top consumers' panel in the dash display and the rev's would sit higher at tick over, but you'd know this already, I've never seen it on though...maybe it could be retrofitted like we all did with the early insignia's ..(I'd be interested if somebody could come up with a 'how to')
              Chris

Comment

The B doesn't show in top consumers that the HRW is active telling the regen is active like it does on the A. Ive seen on Facebook groups that some have done the LED same as the A so seems it can be done. I haven't bothered

Comment

Working...
                X