Thatcham alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thatcham alarm?

Does the 16 plate insignias come with Thatcham alarms as standard? Tried a bit of research but canny find a positive answer.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello most if not all modern cars are fitted with a thatchum approved alarm system.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi mate, yea that’s what av been reading but canny find anything that tells me the model av got has them as standard. Any idea where the box would be so I can have a look myself?
      thanks

Comment

Looking at the alarm box will tell you nothing at all as it will just be a box with numbers on that only mean something to GM.

Your easiest option will be to call into your local VX dealership and ask them to confirm what is factory fitted on your car.

Comment

Yeah as above, from what I understand Thatcham is just an approval rating, if your Insignia has factory fitted alarm and immobiliser (uk spec cars will have) then it will be Thatcham cat 1 approved, this RAC site explains it...https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/b...ory-car-alarm/

Comment

As your car is insured then what questions did they ask you with reference to the kind of alarm / immobiliser installed as standard?

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

They ast if it’s factory fitted or is it a Thatcham alarm, 2 different things apparently..

Comment

Thatcham 1 alarm fitted as standard on all Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport/Insignia B facelifts, as it was with the Insignia A and the Vectra C before that. It is not fitted as standard in some Opel markets (e.g Spain) where it is a cost option. In Spain it costs an extra €300.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Curious Would the insignia A facelift vx-line models have the Thatcham 1 or Thatcham 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thatcham cat 1

https://www.thatcham.org/what-we-do/...certification/ scroll down to"OEM" then "Thatcham compliant security devices" then scroll down to page 10/11 GM Insignia.
                    Last edited by Drew; 25-09-2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Thats put that one to bed then !
                      thank you very much for that amazing information
                      DREW

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Brilliant, thanks drew

Comment

Working...
                        X