New member, first issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul71 View Post

I guess the warning will just come back up then if they change the pipe.
    anyone know if there is anyone in Lancashire that changes these seals? I don't want to go down the road of paying to have it done myself but just in case.
    MB motors in Keighley will not be a million miles away, he is the best known on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

MB motors in Keighley will not be a million miles away, he is the best known on here.
      Good to know, cheers for that. I'll update once it's been in to the garage.

Comment

For the sake of £10 or so, give them a new seal to fit whilst they have the sump off and just say you'd me more confident in the engine if they drop it in. The seal goes between the pick up pipe and the oil pump and is zero extra work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudster View Post
          For the sake of £10 or so, give them a new seal to fit whilst they have the sump off and just say you'd me more confident in the engine if they drop it in. The seal goes between the pick up pipe and the oil pump and is zero extra work.
          Unfortunately I won't see the garage as the car dealer will be taking it in to them. I have voiced my concerns but whilst the dealer is helping, I can't do much more. Apparently the garage is clued up with the insignia issue so I'm hoping they will just replace the seal.

Comment

Just wanted to update this. Car went into the garage, seal replaced, no more dash warnings. Hopefully I can now start to enjoy the car. First job is to dry those headlights out.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul71 View Post
              Just wanted to update this. Car went into the garage, seal replaced, no more dash warnings. Hopefully I can now start to enjoy the car. First job is to dry those headlights out.
              Nice one buddy.

Thanks for the update

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Nice one buddy.

Thanks for the update
                Just happy to get the car back.

Comment

Working...
                X