• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hindle1976 View Post

what's it like on juice when u boot it?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    RBH 88 mpg!
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      RBH 88 mpg!
      Fk me! That's brilliant mpg, I take it everything is well lubed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well she's home! Had good rag for the 30 or so miles back to mine. Performance is eye-opening if I'm honest. Wonderful to drive, yet oddly familiar to my astra at times.

Annoyingly, the regen/def message still hasn't cleared despite the Italian tune up on the bypass. A good 25 mins in 4th at 2500rpm. Total journey was over an hour on mostly A roads.

Upon inspection of the Owners manual, it is actually the AdBlue light that's flashing with the associated message, along with the "cleaning in progress continue driving". I questioned this at the dealership before the drive home and was assured by their mechanic it had indeed been topped up. When I went to see it Monday, they'd had it out for a run and left it idling to see if the regen would finish. I asked about the white sludge dropping from the tail pipe and told its excess AdBlue, nothing to worry about. So I believe them when they say it's in there.

Now I'm wondering if its just an error message perpetuating until the clean cycle has properly completed. I've another long journey planned tomorrow (3 hour round trip, mostly A roads and motorway) to see if it'll clear.

Or I may be indulging in the "premium" warranty i took for it earlier than I imagined...

Comment

To stick my bit in-just drive normal-no need to keep revs high or a lower gear,she'll regen when all parameters are correct.Will even regen on idle.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post

What's it like on juice When u boot it?

Punting around the doors - 44ish mpg

Long distance with 4 people and full boot - 62/64 mpg

Comment

RBH 88 mpg!
              I wish....even the vauxhall book doesn't even state that figure.

Comment

To stick my bit in-just drive normal-no need to keep revs high or a lower gear,she'll regen when all parameters are correct.Will even regen on idle.
                Interesting. I never knew this. Was always advised needs to be 4th gear, high revs etc. That makes life a litter easier than driving like a grandad on the motorway then!

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Here's what my trip computer read last time I went to Scotland just under a year ago ….

Comment

Here's what my trip computer read last time I went to Scotland just over a year ago

Comment

Don't mean to put a download on your purchase,but excess white sludge from the exhaust because its excess adblue! .
                      that doesn't sound right to me because the adblue is metered by the adblue injector.also the cleaning in progress warning is still on your dashboard.
                      by rights it shouldn't be down to you to sort out a problem that existed before you purchased the car .
                      and that they are not waiting for the warranty to kick in so any costs for repairs are picked up by the warranty company,its a tactic that some garages do use ,so that they don't loose out on there profit margins.
                      if you took out finance then they have probably been paid by the finance company.so they are happy
                      but now it's down to you to drive the car till the warnings stop !
                      consumer rights now gives you at least 6 months redress with the seller because the car went out with a known fault.regardless of what warranty you have .
                      and you have up to 30 days to reject the car at the moment.and of course the finance company can still ask the seller to carry out repair even when out of the warranty period because in the end it's the finance companies car tilll all payments are paid ,so they have an interest in the car .
                      as Howy says thease cars will regen at idle , and if you are out and about as long as the engine temperature is above 60 degrees then it will regen no matter as long as all parameters are met .
                      but that's my " take " on the situation!
                      Take it or leave it .
                      ill shut up now

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

My guess would be that they have been cleaning the dpf with a solution?

Comment

Working...
                        X