Valve caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve caps

I put metal valve caps with the Vauxhall logo on a while ago, so all the reports about them seizing on and thought that won’t happen to me, I check my tyres weekly and I gave the caps a good dose of WD before fitting them. Guess what yeah they are seized solid I’ve tried everything to get them off apart from changing the valves any ideas folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two plier method?
    hold one set on the valve step just below the threaded part grip the valve cap with the other set and try twisting off. I’d let some penetrating fluid soak through the threads first though, just rotate your wheel till the valve is at 12 o’clock and pointing downwards

Comment

Yeah thanks pal tried that the thing I'm trying just now is cutting a slot in the top soaking with WD hopefully that will loosen them. This is a nightmare

Comment

Big b....they're shite mate.
        if you get them off with pliers youll be doung well.

Keep the daft wee standard ones on in future bud

Comment

Just a thought, if your going to be putting plastic ones on, could you not gently and carefully cut a slot down the length of the valve cap and then prise it off. If you knick the threads a tad it wouldn’t matter as it’s only having a plastic cap on it…

Comment

Originally posted by big b View Post
            Yeah thanks pal tried that the thing I'm trying just now is cutting a slot in the top soaking with WD hopefully that will loosen them. This is a nightmare

When you get them off get yourself some of these They're plastic and come off just as easy as normal valve caps.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks marco301 I'll get them serves me right for being smug about mine coming off no bother

Comment

Not a problem with the metal ones, just lucky I guess, had them on the previous Siggy and my JAAAAAG! and live on the South coast, lots of salt in the air!!! That's it, I have shagged that for myself now haven't I

Comment

You could try putting heat onto it with a hair dryer on the highest setting, but make sure you use a glove or pliers to try and prise them off.
                  I had a similar issue with some second hand wheels I bought years, one needed a new valve as the bu99er wouldn't shift and I ended up knackering the valve, the other I did use heat with a hair dryer, it came off, either it wasn't that tight and I was being a blouse, or the heat worked.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

When you get them off get yourself some of these They're plastic and come off just as easy as normal valve caps.
                    Like them but they are prices for 4 bits of plastic right ?

Comment

It is advised NOT to use metal valve caps on cars equipped with TPMS, as it is believed that they can cause TPMS to malfunction.

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post

Like them but they are prices for 4 bits of plastic right ?
                        That was the old link to the ones I bought. Yeah they have gone up a bit I think. Here you go £4.99

I fould some for lizzard-t too Willieeeesss!

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

That was the old link to the ones I bought. Yeah they have gone up a bit I think. Here you go £4.99

Comment

WD40 is water based so no good for things like that, better using a tiny bit of grease or silicone based lub.

Or better still as mentioned above jus use the plastic ones.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think they look a bit tacky to be honest, but here I am thinking about buying some!

What are you lot like.

Comment

Working...
                              X