Navi 900 to 5.0 Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 900 to 5.0 Upgrade?

Apologies if this has been posted before, I'm having some difficulty navigating the site on mobile..

I met up with a mate of mine last night who has just purchased a 68 reg Grandland X, and the Navi 5.0 system inside looks so clean and modern. I was wondering if anyone knows if an upgrade from the Navi 900 in the Insignia Grandsport to the 5.0 is possible?

On a side note, I added my car in the MyVauxhall app today, and was hoping that because the car is connected to the same WiFi, it would let me do some fancy things such as defrost the car in the morning without having to go outside. Sadly, no ☹️

I can't really help with the first question but I'm pretty sure you can't upgrade it. I think it's different hardware so a software update wouldn't do it.

The MyVauxhall app is pretty pants really. The only way to have connectivity to you car is through the OnStar app but that ends in a couple of months anyways and won't start your car to defrost it. I think it's a legality thing. In the UK its against the law to leave a car with the engine running on a public highway. The only thing you can do with the OnStar app is lock/unlock the cars, sound the horn, track it and send locations to your sat nav.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Ah shame, no worries. Thanks for the response Marko

Comment

No problem....Might be possible to upgrade it in the future though. When there's guys like plasma around, never say never!
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by JBThirty33 View Post
          Apologies if this has been posted before, I'm having some difficulty navigating the site on mobile..

I met up with a mate of mine last night who has just purchased a 68 reg Grandland X, and the Navi 5.0 system inside looks so clean and modern. I was wondering if anyone knows if an upgrade from the Navi 900 in the Insignia Grandsport to the 5.0 is possible?

On a side note, I added my car in the MyVauxhall app today, and was hoping that because the car is connected to the same WiFi, it would let me do some fancy things such as defrost the car in the morning without having to go outside. Sadly, no ☹️
          I was looking at another thread today, the one about the vin check and put my vin in and this came up (below). I'm not an expert by any means but is it possible that the Navi 5.0 mentioned is already in the Insignia B? Mine is a 67plate built in Nov 17 (according to the Vin check site). It has the large satnav and digi dash and the 5.0 Navi is on the build sheet or is that what I'm looking at anyway?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201027-152823~2.png
Views:	357
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	274714
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            No problem....Might be possible to upgrade it in the future though. When there's guys like plasma around, never say never!
            It does seems to run an Android version, too bad the normal way of enabling development mode doesn't work. It would have been nice if they released more information about the system, so that it would have been possible to use a own SIM card or WiFi connection to get information out of the car. Communication with the OnStar servers is also well encrypted

Comment

Working...
            X