Dashboard display surprise when changing the car battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sri- nav View Post
    more and more new cars are coming with all the options fitted from the factory, BUT you pay for the ones you want to use or want activating, and dealers are able to do this as well as factory , BMW is big into this now .
    dean.m
    Think i read something the other day about VW making it possible you can add functions and remove stuff as and when you need them on their ID range, things like their Tesla style auto pilot and alike. So if you in the main use them around town where you wouldnt use auto pilot you dont pay for it but if you go on a longer journey you could pay a fee to enable it for a specific time period.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
      To give you an idea what is possible. I don't known if Plasma can do the same on your side.
      We have recently finished writing our own software to enable/disable menus.. I found a few hidden from the normal files which some other programs wont pick up at all

So far we can cover 2013.5-2017 clusters with approx 17-19info menus, and 6-8sports menus, on the insignia b's theres approx 31info menus and 11sports menu.. the 2019 insignia B with the white needles use a different protocol for the audio information but we should be able to cover them with a simple new file which i will create
      Last edited by plasma; 12-05-2021, 05:52 PM.
      Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
      questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Hi Plasma, sent you a PM
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
          So far we can cover 2013.5-2017 clusters with approx 17-19info menus, and 6-8sports menus, on the insignia b's theres approx 31info menus and 11sports menu.. the 2019 insignia B with the white needles use a different protocol for the audio information but we should be able to cover them with a simple new file which i will create
          Awesome! I'm on late 2014 so this could work.

Comment

if you have mdi/mdi2/vxnano can be done remotely

Comment

On my shopping list

Comment

Hi
                my car has that 8” tft display how do I know if it’s : mdi/mdi2/vx nano ? I’d love to be able to access the hidden menu like opc/vxr thanks

Comment

Mdi/mdi2/vxnano are diagnostic tools you plug into the obd port (rather than anything within the cluster). These tools enable remote coding by plasma.

Comment

its not just the MDI2, you will need the software too, right Dean

Comment

yes and no... some software to be installed as explained but most of it is online subscriptions plus we have our own custom programs to deal with most day to day stuff

Comment

We have recently finished writing our own software to enable/disable menus.. I found a few hidden from the normal files which some other programs wont pick up at all

Hi plasma / Dean
                        can you pm me on this please
                        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Conaldaniel View Post

Hi plasma / Dean
                          can you pm me on this please
                          thanks
                          Sorry buddy.....he can but you can't.

As a new member, the pm facility doesn't extend to you yet

If you go to plasmas section, theres an email address there that you can contact him on.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Sorry buddy.....he can but you can't.

As a new member, the pm facility doesn't extend to you yet

If you go to plasmas section, theres an email address there that you can contact him on.
                            Thanks pal I’ll try that thead

Comment

replied to received email

Comment

Working...
                              X