Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday insurance

Little bit long winded this one
    I have recently been to Spain with my better half Angela for a 5 day holiday
    41 days later i am back with Angela on a air ambulance and she is in intensive care and will be till at least xmas
    Firstly please make sure when you go away you get insurance as we did and they have paid for everything
    Angela had a bad foot when we got to hotel and couldn't walk properly so phoned doctor who promptly asked have you got insurance and put her in a private hospital
    When we got there she didn't know me or where we were (heart-breaking)
    Fast forward 2 days and she ended up with
    Covid
    Sepsis
    Faulty heart valve that needed a operation within 24 hours with a 15% chance of surviving (my world ended here)
    She came through it but then
    Liver and kidney failure
    Pneumonia
    Fungal infection
    Loads of fever and infections
    Then we got her a air ambulance back home
    She is now in intensive care with 1 lung full of water ,water around heart in pericardium and a swollen brain
    Oh and on a ventilator till at least xmas they think
    Hopefully on a road to recovery but this is a life changing event
    So
    The moral of the story is if you can afford to splash out just under £300 k go for it but if not make sure you have insurance and declared all history
    Sorry for the post but needed to make everyone aware
    Much love Tony x

OMG that's terrible, how on earth did she get all those things wrong at the same time? Good to hear she's on the road to recovery, best wishes mate and defo get insurance, it's included with our Barclays Account for the whole family, would never go away without it. At least you don't have to worry about the massive bills.

Comment

Blimey Tony so sorry to hear about your missus i hope she gets better soon.

you hear of it all the time people not taking out the insurance just to save a few shillings and then having to pay extortionate amounts in care

Comment

Sending our best wishes to you and your wife Tony. Hopefully she's on the mend.

Thanks for the advice and take care of yourself too it's not easy with a loved one in hospital, keep strong.

Comment

Crikey Tony, thats such a crappy deal bro, hope she is getting all the care an attention she needs and is making steady progress on the road to recovery..

Kisses And Hugs Heart GIF
          Chris

Comment

My heart ,love ,thoughts and prayers go out to your wife and you,
            theres no more to be said, but if you need to talk or anything just talk .don't suffer alone. A problem shared and all that .
            much love
            Paul xx.

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

That's one hell of a ordeal you and your wife are going through, hopefully she will recover soon look after yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW! Hope all goes well, best wishes to you.
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Wishing her a speedy recovery what an ordeal yous have been through. Travel insurance is a must for anyone who's travelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thoughts are with you and yours at this present time

Comment

Thank you for all your kind words
                      Angela has a temperature of 39 tonight and a start of a infection somewhere
                      I'm beside myself tonight again but she is strong and fought these off before
                      Durham hospital are doing all they can to help her get through this
                      Much love Tony xx

Comment

That's crazy, can't imagine what you both went through and are going through. Wishing her a speedy recovery and hope you that light at the end of the tunnel isn't too far ahead. Hang in there my friend.
                        Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Comment

Thoughts with you and Angela whilst wishing her a full and speedy recovery.

Comment

Hi Tony and thanks for sharing and not keeping to yourself. This is a terrible situation for you both and hopefully Angela will pull through and make a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you both!
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Really sorry for being late with this, I saw Holiday insurance and thought "I never leave the country" so I didn't pop in to view. Now I have, bloody hell! You're poor wife has really gone through it. Sending you me best wished and hopeing she has a full recovery.
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                              X